I forgot to mention a few weeks ago that Emily's due date has changed; it's not 1 Feb anymore (apparently I was misinformed) but 25 January. That's two weeks from today.
I love that when you start telling people when your baby is due, everyone who has a birthday anywhere close to that date starts campaigning for his or her own birthday. Nancy (Ken's mom, also known as Grammy) is convinced that she's going to be early, and has already issued her prediction that Emily will be here on the 20th. I hope not...
I wish I had a choice in the matter - and her dad, who likes to plan everything, wishes it even more! My mom wants as much advance notice as possible, so she'll have time to get here. But unless Emily's really late and the doctor gets ready to induce, I don't think it's going to be up to any of us.
I'm doing my best to prepare for the possibility that she could be early, but I hope she won't be. I really like the idea of a February baby, but... as I've told Mom, the discomfort of being eight and a half months pregnant is beginning to outweigh my anxiety about the delivery - so just for myself, I'm about ready for this to be over with!!

No comments:
Post a Comment